Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about The Local apartments? Search for an answer among the following FAQs.
- Are the apartments furnished?
- We offer furnished apartments. Our furnished apartment homes come with a couch, chair, coffee table, end table, bar stools, XL full size bed with TEMPUR-PEDIC mattress, bedside table, dresser and student desk with chair. All our units come with Kenmore stainless steel appliances including full size washers and dryers.
- Can I pay my bill with a credit card?
- We accept online payments from Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or an electronic check. There is a small convenience charge for this service.
- Are pets allowed?
- Yes, The Local is pet friendly! We allow cats and dogs up to 35 pounds. Contact the leasing office for more information.
- How do I secure my spot?
- First you must complete your application, which can be done online. After we process your application, we'll move forward to a lease agreement. Finally, you will invite your parental of sponsor guaranty to complete their portion. All of the paperwork can be completed online!
- If I am over, 21 do I need a guarantor?
- Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a security deposit of 1 month's rent.
- Where will the property be located?
Our community will be located at 210 N Edward Gary, San Marcos, TX 78666. In the meantime, we look forward to serving you at our temporary leasing office located at 306A N. Edward Gary.
- When can I move in?
We will soon begin pre-leasing for mid-August 2017. Texas State classes begin Monday, August 28, 2017, so you will have plenty of time to get settled in!
- What size are the beds?
- All of our beds are XL full size.
- What types of floor plans are available?
- We offer 10 different floor plans in studios and 1, 2 and 4 bedroom layouts. All of our floor plans feature private bathrooms.
- What types of leases are available?
- We offer 12-month leases. Each lease will begin mid-August and end July 31st.
- What utilities are included in my rent?
- Your monthly rent installment includes extended basic cable with HD and HBO, and Internet with WiFi. The only thing you are responsible for is water & electricity!